Cassia Networks patented IoT Bluetooth router delivers long-range, one-to-many fitness device connectivity, for a seamless, low-cost Bluetooth IoT sport solution.
SMART SPORTS AND IOT FITNESS
For today’s smart sports innovators – where competition is measured in meters, motions, and moments – many IoT connectivity options are too power-hungry, complex, and costly. Smart sports enthusiasts and solution providers increasingly use Bluetooth low energy for the ultra-light weight and long battery life needed for smart performance solutions.
However, without long-range or one-to-many connectivity, Bluetooth LE previously lacked the “connection density” required for cost-effective deployments at many athletic venues, sport fields, and fitness clubs. Moreover, rather than tethering work-outs to a phone or tablet, many smart athletes and smart fitness enthusiasts prefer “hands-free” connectivity.
Traditional connectivity options, such as Wi-Fi, LTE, pads, tablets, and phones, are costly, bulky, and require constant plug-ins and high amounts of battery power. Cassia Networks combines the low-cost, low-power, ultra-light weight advantages of Bluetooth low energy with long-range (up to 1,000 feet), API data, and bi-directional remote control of dozens of Bluetooth LE devices (with no change required to the Bluetooth LE devices). As a result, smart health and fitness providers are deploying the “hands-free,” long-range, low-cost, and scalable Bluetooth IoT fitness solutions athletes and fitness enthusiast prefer.
Never satisfied with yesterday’s performance, smart athletes increasingly use Bluetooth IOT sport technology to maximize their time and effort while enjoying their sport.
As a result, Bluetooth-enabled smart garments and IOT sporting devices are the norm in the most modern fitness environments, including outdoor and indoor fields, clubs, and at events. For smart sports, field management, and athletes using Bluetooth wearables, Cassia works closely with Fitness and Sports training equipment manufacturers and solution providers to provide integrated performance feedback solutions for athletes and fitness enthusiasts looking to improve their levels of performance.
By eliminating the range and connectivity limitations of Bluetooth, Cassia’s Bluetooth long-range router and IoT access controller (AC) solution enables equipment manufacturers and solution providers to track multiple devices at a distance from anywhere there is an internet connection.
IoT Fitness and Smart Sports Connectivity
- Connect the Cassia long-range Bluetooth router to fitness and sports activity tracking devices on the playing field and in the gym, including: fitness wristbands, chest strap monitors, baseball bat sensors, heart rate monitors, and more
- The long-range Bluetooth router collects data from the Bluetooth LE activity tracking devices and sends data to the Internet and IoT sport applications
- Coaches, and trainers remotely monitor device data in real-time without requiring any action by the athlete or fitness enthusiast
- Easy-to-Use – Automatic data gathering and upload avoids the frustration of using costly phones and tablets to capture data
- Mobility – athletes can now freely move throughout the practice field or stadium by increasing the range of the tracking devices up to 1000+ feet open space or three walls of penetration (Note: no changes are required to the transmission power of end devices)
- Multiple Device Support – bi-directional control of up to 40-Bluetooth LE monitoring devices simultaneously, or listen to hundreds of devices in Broadcast mode
- Data Collection – collect performance data and fitness vital signs in real-time, non-stop activity tracking, measurement, and feedback
- Lower Costs – long-range and multiple connections ensure high “connection density” significantly reducing costs
- Stable Environment – seamless device connection at a distance
- Quality Analysis – Improve coach and trainer performance diagnostics and feedback. Real-time changes in training and performance for increased competitive and fitness goal achievements
- Constant Monitoring – monitor multiple athletes at the same time and provide coaches and trainers easy access to data in real-time
- Easy Deployment / Management – use centralized Cassia IoT access controller (AC) software platform to setup and manage multiple Bluetooth Routers and end monitoring devices
Physical education teachers at Qingdao City Experimental Primary School use the Cassia long-range Bluetooth router on the playground. Students in physical education classes wear sports wristbands. The bands send the students’ biometric data through the Cassia long-range Bluetooth routers to the cloud.
Using an application on a phone or a tablet, teachers monitor the students’ step-count, heart-rate, and calories burned in real-time. Based on that feedback, the physical education teachers provide proactive coaching for students. Also, parents and school staff see the reports from their computers connected to the Internet. As a result, physical education teachers are providing one-on-one coaching and helping students improve their physical education class grades and reach their fitness goals.
Click below for additional Bluetooth IoT Fitness, Sports and Education use case solutions from:
Extending an IoT Fitness Industry Revolution – Cassia long-range Bluetooth low energy and multiple connectivity Bluetooth IoT
Qingdao Experimental Primary School – IoT fitness and student location tracking
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.