The future of health is is now digital. Wearable medical devices use Bluetooth technology everyday to help administer medication and transmit critical health information securely from patients to providers. Cassia Networks is the leader for providing the infrastructure needed for hospitals and clinical centers.
Connected Health IoT Connectivity
Medical professionals using digital technology need seamless connectivity at all times. They rely on accurate, reliable data. Cassia Networks is at the forefront of Bluetooth connectivity for IoT. Our enterprise gateways are designed to help smart health device manufacturers scale their connected health IoT applications.
Today, competitive smart health manufacturers and solution providers are delivering innovative IoT solutions using easy-to-use, long-range Bluetooth IoT connectivity that is reliable, easy to use and cost-effective. In an era driven by high medical demands and patient care needs, healthcare providers must provide quality care for their patients while still ensuring an ROI for their business. Smart health device manufacturers and solution providers are leveraging Bluetooth’s low energy worldwide standardization and low cost to bring their solutions to market.
Smart healthcare manufactures are using Cassia’s gateways and IoT Access controller to overcome the scalability and flexibility challenges with legacy technologies. Cassia’s gateways and IoT Access Controller offers the following benefits:
- Improved end user experience: Gone are the days of carrying a smartphone or tablet. Cassia’s gateways are easy to use, setup and provide multiple device connectivity.
- Reduce cost: Eliminate the high cost of monthly data fees and/or installing a costly insfrastructure. Competitive smart health solutions use low-cost, low-power devices that use an organization’s existing infrastructure.
- Standardization: Bluetooth low energy’s worldwide standardization and massive installed base and eco-system reduces costs at every stage of development and deployment.
- Improved Range: Wearables using low-power solutions suffer from short range, limiting or constraining mobility for end-users. Cassia’s gateways provide the long range connectivity that is needed for today’s smart health device manufacturers.
- Low power: Bluetooth is low power and more energy efficient allowing today’s device manufactureres to scale their IoT solutions.
Core to the connectivity challenges in smart health IoT are scalability, power, range, cost.
IoT connectivity requirements vary greatly by the huge variety of healthcare and wellness use cases including: wearables, telehealth, smart equipment manufacturers and smart health provider solutions. However, common themes of mIoT system failures and delays, around cellular LPWAN complexity and high-cost, phones and pads are inadequate and unreliable, RFID’s one-way transmission cripples data value, and Wi-Fi’s power requirements are a systemic burden on scalability.
Cassia works closely with smart medical equipment manufacturers and health solution providers to provide integrated Smart Health solutions for both medical staff and end users. Cassia’s enterprise Bluetooth gateways and IoT access controller (AC) delivers the low-cost, reliable, and scalable IoT connectivity needed to scale.
- Cassia’s gateways connect to multiple Bluetooth low energy devices including connectivity to smart health monitoring devices in a patient’s home, or in a hospital. Examples include continous body temperature monitoring devices, blood pressure, glucose monitors, heart rate monitors, pill dispensers, activity tracker, and much more.
- Cassia’s gateways are used to track healthcare assets like beds and wheelchairs for inventory management, real-time locationing, and loss prevention.
- Our gateways collect data from Bluetooth monitoring devices or tracked assets and sends the data to an Internet-based application in real-time
- Using the application, medical staff remotely monitor patient device data in real-time without requiring any action by the patient and have the abilitiy to locate medical assets for resource management.
- Easy-to-Use – patients do not need to use a tablet or smartphone to capture data.
- Mobility – Patients can freely move throughout their home, or in a clinical environment. Cassia’s gateways increase the range of connectivity to monitoring devices up to 1000+ feet in an open space or three-wall penetration.
- Multiple Device Support – Bi-directional connection and control of up to 40-Bluetooth LE monitoring devices simultaneously, and/or listen to hundreds of devices in Broadcast mode.
- Data Collection – Collect patient vital signs, or asset information without the need of an in-home care provider or costly routine patient checks
- Low Cost – minimal, one-time cost of hardware and low monthly software access controller (device management) fee; reduces the number of hospitalizations, lengths of stay in hospitals; as well as asset management and loss.
- Stable Environment – devices stay connected to Cassia’s gateways at a distance
- Quality Care – Improves medical staff’s ability to diagnose and treat chronic diseases resulting in lower treatment costs and higher patient satisfaction.
- The Cassia long-range Bluetooth Router connects and controls multiple smart health monitoring devices
- The gateway collects data from the Bluetooth LE monitoring devices and sends data to the internet or local server
- Medical personnel monitor multiple devices and receive data in real-time from multiple users simultaneously
- Constant Monitoring – Monitor multiple patients at the same time and provide doctors and nurses easy access to data in real-time
- Seamless Coverage – Cassia long-range Bluetooth routers completely cover a hospital campus or clinic environment; allowing patients to move freely throughout the hospital and remain connected to monitoring solutions
- Easy Deployment / Management – use centralized Cassia IoT access controller (AC) software platform to setup and manage hundreds of long Bluetooth Routers and thousands of Bluetooth monitoring devices for seamless coverage.
- Easy-to-Use – Simplifies patient and medical personnel data collection. Replaces costly tablets and iPads used as gateways, resulting in improved compliance and quality of data
- Higher Performance – range of smart health monitoring devices is increased up to 1000+ feet open space or three walls of penetration.
- Multiple Device Monitoring – bi-directional, connection and control of up to 40-Bluetooth LE devices per long range Bluetooth router simultaneously, or listen to hundreds of devices in Broadcast mode
- Low Cost – minimal, one-time cost of hardware and low monthly software fee for IoT access controller (AC) for device management, reduces the lengths of stay in hospitals
- Stable Environment – devices stay connected to Cassia long range Bluetooth Router at a distance for seamless coverage
- Security – end-to-end device security supported
- Bluetooth Locationing – track patient movements throughout a facility for faster responses to emergencies situations, improving patient outcomes
- Data Collection – collects patient vital signs reducing costs of registered nursing staff